NEurope

Forums

1. N-Europe

1. Board News & Issues

Any news regarding the forum will be detailed in here. Also contains suggestions, questions and error reporting threads.

1. General Chit Chat

This is the place to chat about anything!

1. Nintendo Gaming

Talk about Nintendo's consoles and their games here, including the Nintendo Switch, Wii U & 3DS.

Discuss anything related to gaming as a hobby and an industry, including retro games.

A forum for any non-Nintendo consoles, including PC gaming.

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a Patron!

• Wipeout 64 NA release: 4th November 1998 PAL release: 5th February 1999 JP release: N/A Developer: Psygnosis Publisher: Midway N64 Magazine Score: 88%
      It’s always a shame when you know a game is good quality but you just can’t seem to gel with it. I enjoyed playing F-Zero X for the first time, even though I played F-Zero GX first, so I was hoping the same would be true with Wipeout 64, as I had played Wipeout 2048 on Vita. Sadly, I really could not get the hang of this game at all. What I think is throwing me off is the camera. It’s not in line with your vehicle, it seems to be instead stuck to the track or something. Your racer is often towards the side of the screen, appearing at an angle. It looks fancy in screenshots, but I think it’s messing with my ability to judge turns. You also seem to “hit” the sides before it seems like you should be doing. Instead of just having a series of races, there are challenges in multiple categories: racing, time trial and killing enemies. When you’ve completed all these, you then unlock a “super combo” mode where you have to win races while killing enough opponents. It’s a good idea for extending the singleplayer, especially with only 7 tracks, I just wish I found the gameplay itself to be fun. Remake or remaster? A Wipeout remastered collection really should be done with the PS1 games, Wipeout 64 and the PS2 and PSP games. Even if they end up renaming Wipeout 64 as Wipeout 2098 or something. Official ways to get the game. There is no official way to get Wipeout 64
    • A remastered and newly translated interview has popped up. This was recorded just after the announcement of the Revolution/Wii. It's scary how spot on he was when discussing constantly increasing the power of a console will just increase the workload for very little return. It's was accurate back then but even moreso now, what with games on the PS5/PC/Xbox costing an arm and a leg to develop and don't look that different from last gen. Also, I always forget how ugly the original DS was.
    • Shorty is swamped with work but has sent some suggestions which I've pencilled in to try in the morning. Thanks for waiting (too soon?)
    • Berserk Deluxe volumes 5 and 6. I'm way behind with collecting this. Mostly because they're stupid expensive for a book.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts