NEurope

Forums

1. N-Europe

1. Board News & Issues

Any news regarding the forum will be detailed in here. Also contains suggestions, questions and error reporting threads.

1. General Chit Chat

This is the place to chat about anything!

1. Nintendo Gaming

Talk about Nintendo's consoles and their games here, including the Nintendo Switch, Wii U & 3DS.

Discuss anything related to gaming as a hobby and an industry, including retro games.

A forum for any non-Nintendo consoles, including PC gaming.

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a Patron!

• It's been a while since we completed our tour of the N64 Mario Party games, so I think we're due a game. But which one should we play? And which board? Well, seeing as it's Mario Party... These are @Ugh first aid's BTW. The 4-sided die landed with 3 face down, so Mario Party 3 it is. The 6-sided die landed on 1, so we'll be doing Chilly Waters. So who here is up for a 20 turn game (Bonus Stars On, of course) at 8:30pm, tonight?
      And maybe other N64 games if we finish before 10.
    • Caught up on The Bad Batch S3 last weekend ahead of the finale on Wednesday, which I've also watched. Damn onion cutting assholes over at LFL Animation I swear, that ending got my eyes watering.  Overall I'd say the show is the most consistent in terms of quality between it, TCW and Rebels, and I think all of its episodes are probably in the top 60% or so of animated episodes by LFL. There's nothing terrible about any of them. It's also the best looking of the bunch for me, it's insane to compare this and S1 of TCW to see how far they've come! And the music was great as always from the Kiners, too.  Despite the *actual* ending scene getting me a bit choked up, I do think it falls short of the epic and emotional journeys that both TCW and Rebels took you on in their finales. Look, not everything can end with a 10/10 episode, but it did feel like they downed tools on certain ideas they'd been pushing on the audience throughout much of the show (which I won't spoil but should be very apparent if you've seen it) and it ended up being a bit of a backdoor pilot for potentially another series (or two?) set in the period between Episode III and Episode IV. To which I say...urgh, really, again? There's also a bit of an Occam's Razor (Lightsaber?) thing going on here where so many of your first and simplest instincts about what's going on are probably right, which I don't think we've had in Star Wars for a while, but makes me glad I didn't tune in weekly or I would've felt a bit letdown, honestly.  Anyways, I loved The Batch, and loved Omega. Her theme is one of the greats in the GFFA. The character arcs are solid and I love how much The Batch felt now compared to when I watched them on animation rigs all those Celebrations ago.  And, speaking of Celebrations...my ticket is booked for Japan 2025 
    • Welp, welcome to the cult, @Hero-of-Time. Solid free update, here. I'm back to 100% for the next 6 days! Yay?
      Gonna assume the new enemies here will get reused for the Contra DLC, because they don't have bestiary entries yet, and they'd fit in there well.  
    • Nothing that you could have done anything about, so no worries. I hope you slept well and that you'll join us on Mario Kart next week.
    • Give me a console that can actually do Ranger's control scheme without breaking screens, then we can entertain the possibility. With capacitive touch screens dying with the WiiU, I just don't see it ever happening in a satisfying way.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts